The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) launched the Second series of West African High School Qualification Examinations for private candidates in 2018. WAEC GCE 2023 will take place in February 2023
In 2023, WASSCE first series for private candidates is the municipal exam. It is designed to help candidates with missing WASSCE scores fill in the gaps. 19 Subjects are available for the examination. Applicants are encouraged to visit the Council’s corporate website (www.waecnigeria.org) to review available testing sites and subjects prior to receiving a registration PIN.
Registration for WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2023-First Series will be online. After the registration PIN, candidates will need to log in to www.waeconline.org.ng for registration. Applicants should also be aware that the registration process has been designed with the biometrics used for verification at the test center in mind.
Students are also informed that all their previous WAEC questions (both objective and theoretical) are now available online along with their solutions and answers. No more carrying around multiple past papers and books to do well on future exams. There are questions and answers about goal setting and theory from the past few years that will definitely help you in your upcoming exams.
REGISTRATION PERIOD of WAEC GCE 2023:
The normal registration period is from Monday, December 19th, 2022 to January 9th, 2023
MODE OF PAYMENT:
All applicants are expected to pay a registration fee of Eighteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (N18,000) only, at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and information VCD:
- -Access Bank Plc
- -Ecobank Plc
- -Fidelity Bank Plc
- -First Bank of Nig
- -First City Monument Bank Plc
- -Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- -Heritage Bank Plc
- -Jaiz Bank
- -Polaris Bank Ltd
- -Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- -Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- -Sterling Bank Plc
- -Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- -United Bank for Africa Plc
- -Unity Bank Plc
- -WEMA Bank Plc
- -Zenith Bank Plc
Candidates will be requested to pay five hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents
Candidates who wish to register for the examination after the close of entries may be accommodated as “Walk-in-Candidates” provided they register not less than twenty-four hours to the scheduled time of the paper(s) they intend to write. The “Walk-in-Candidate” fee is Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N30,500.00) only.
CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS:
Candidates with special needs will also register online for WAEC GCE 2023 like other students but they must clearly state their Impairments e.g Visual, Low vision, Spastic, Speech, Hard to hear, etc
COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION:
Students MUST conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth, and subjects are correct. They are also to print the Admission Notice, as Evidence of successful registration, which will serve as identification during the examination. The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Admission Notice. The acceptable fingerprint Scanner is UareU digital persona fingerprint device.
- – Applicants should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination – Applicants should note that the registration fee is not refundable
- – Student should continue to check the website for the examination Timetable
- -Entries must be uploaded with passport photographs captured with a digital camera. The specification of the digital camera should be Microsoft HD 3000. The passport photographs must be of good quality BLACK & WHITE OR COLOUR (JPEG File only, 275 by 314 pixels with 72 dbi resolution), and with a CONTRASTING BACKGROUND. There must be no obstructive items. Please note that the submission of a defaced or poor-quality photograph by a candidate would automatically invalidate the entry of the candidate. For further details, visit www.waecnigeria.org
- -Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses for the examination which they can download from the WAEC website (www.waeconline.org.ng) using the Registration PIN
- -Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls
- -The entire result of candidates who sit for the examination in more than one center will be canceled -Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall
- -Any Candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or any other electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results canceled
- –Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for amendments will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration.
- -Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Admission Notice
- -Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results canceled but may be prosecuted
- -Candidates must ensure they provide valid email and telephone number(s) during registration
- -All Candidates MUST be prepared to observe all COVID-19 Regulations
PATRICK E. AREGHAN
HEAD OF NATIONAL OFFICE