UNIUYO Pre-Degree Admission Form 2023 – The University of Uyo is now accepting applications from eligible candidates for admission into its Pre-Degree programme in different faculties for the 2023/2024 academic session. This article contains all the essential information needed by prospective applicants, including the criteria for admission, steps for application, major course prerequisites, and significant dates.
- UNIUYO Basic Studies Form 2023
- UNIUYO Cut Off Mark for Admission 2022/2023
Uniuyo Predegree Courses
A. Faculty of Agriculture
- Agricultural Economics & Extension
- Animal Science
- Crop Science
- Fisheries and Aquatic Environmental Management
- Food Science and Technology
- Forestry and Natural Environmental Management
- Home Economics
- Soil Science & Land Resources Management
B. Faculty of Education
- Science Education
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Integrated Science Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
- Early Childhood and Special Education
- Pre-Primary/Primary Education (science components only)
- Physical and Health Education
- Health Education
- Physical Education
C. Faculty of Science
- Animal Science and Environmental Biology
- Botany and Ecological Studies
- Computer Science
D. Faculty of Vocational Education, Library and Information Science
- Agricultural Science Education
- Business Education
- Computer and Robotics
- Home Economics Education
- Industrial Technology Education
- Library and Information Science
UNIUYO Predegree Admission Requirements
To gain admission into the Pre-Degree programme at the University of Uyo,
- Candidates have to take a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
- Candidates must have obtained credit passes in at least five (5) subjects in their SSCE (WAEC/NECO), GCE, or NABTEB exams.
- The five required subjects include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. However, Agricultural Science can be substituted for Biology for Agricultural Education and Agriculture applicants only.
- Candidates applying to the Faculty of Agriculture must have a minimum of five (5) Credit passes in their NECO, WAEC/GCE exams, including Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science, Mathematics, English Language, and one of Economics, Geography, or Physics. A pass in Physics is acceptable.
- Candidates applying for Agricultural Education should have five (5) Credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Biology (or Agricultural Science), Mathematics, and one other subject.
- Home Economics Education applicants should have five (5) Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, and one other subject.
- It is important to note that a JAMB Score is not necessary for admission into this programme.
How to Apply for UNIUYO PreDegree Form
Here are the steps to apply for UNIUYO Pre-Degree Admission Form:
- Eligible candidates should make a payment of N10,500.00 (ten thousand five hundred naira) only via the Remita Payment Platform. This payment is non-refundable.
- Visit the UNIUYO e-portals website: https://uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals
- Click on the Create Account Link and enter your details. Then, click on the Create Account Button.
- Click on Make Payment and select Bank Option or Card Option.
- If you choose Bank Option, click on Generate e-Invoice to create a Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number for payment at any Bank Branch. Then, click on Print e-Invoice to print out the generated invoice.
- If you choose Card Option, select the payment type and enter your card details on the displayed payment platform. Then, click the “Pay” button to complete the payment.
- After payment at the bank or via card, return to the portal and click on Login Form Link. Then, enter the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number generated to complete your registration.
Recommended Post: UNIUYO Basic Studies Form 2023
Take note that the passport photograph uploaded during online registration will be utilized for the Screening Exercise and subsequent registration after receiving an offer of admission. Any grievances regarding inaccurate Bio-Data or missing photographs will not be entertained after submission, and uploading incorrect bio-data will lead to automatic disqualification. The same process applies to all fee payments after admission.
Candidates should also be aware that the same passport photograph used for online registration will be required during the Screening Exercise and registration after receiving provisional admission. It is advisable for applicants to visit the University website for updates and additional information.
UNIUYO PreDegree Registration Deadline
The registration closing date is Friday, August 18, 2023,
UNIUYO PreDegree Screening Date
The online screening exercise will hold on Friday, August 25, 2023.
Finally, the Pre-Degree programme offered by the University of Uyo presents a chance for potential students to secure admission into various faculties and departments. Interested individuals must meet the admission requirements and complete the application process before the specified deadlines. Best of luck to all prospective candidates!