UNIPORT PGD and MSc Admission – The Counselling and Human Development Centre (CHDC) at the University of Port Harcourt is inviting applications from interested and qualified candidates for admission into its PGD and MSc degree programmes in Counselling Psychology for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The CHDC was established on November 30th, 2021 to meet the criteria for a counselling centre as stipulated by the National Universities Commission (NUC), and its PGD and MSc programmes in Counselling Psychology have been approved by the university’s senate.
UNIPORT PGD and MSc Admission Form
The centre aims to serve as an academic, career, and mental health development hub for graduate students. It is committed to helping students explore opportunities and acquire skills that will enable them to make an impact in their areas of specialization after graduation. The CHDC’s main objective is to provide students with practical skills and professional expertise in specific areas that translate into the competence and skills needed to work and remain relevant in the ever-evolving counselling field.
The following postgraduate degree programmes are available:
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Counselling Psychology
- Master’s Degree (M.Sc.) in specialized areas, including:
- School Counselling
- Marital, Couple and Family Counselling
- Child and Adolescent Counselling
- Addiction and Rehabilitation Counselling
- Clinical and Mental Health Counselling
- Gerontological and Grief Counselling
- Social Work and Rehabilitation Counselling
Applicants who hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum of Third Class Honours or Higher National Diploma (HND) from a recognized Polytechnic with a minimum of Upper Credit in Social Science and Education or any other related field will be considered for the PGD.
Admission to the Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology is open to all candidates who hold a B.Sc./B.Ed in Social Sciences, Education, and other related disciplines with at least second class lower division from a recognized University or Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Social Work, Management, Social Sciences, and Education (PGDE).
The programme offers a flexible modular hybrid onsite and real-time video conferencing that provides students with excellent choices of study time. The full-time programme is for a minimum of 12 calendar months and a maximum of 24 calendar months, while part-time is for a minimum of 18 calendar months and a maximum of 36 calendar months. During this time, students are expected to take the complete modules and carry out an individual research project.
UNIPORT PGD and MSc Method
To apply for the PGD and MSc degree programmes in Counselling Psychology at the Counselling and Human Development Centre (CHDC), interested candidates should follow these steps:
- Visit the CHDC office located on the ground floor of the Central Instrument Laboratory Building, near the Procurement Office, adjacent Uniport Bottling Company, Abuja Campus.
- Obtain an application form.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of Twenty-five Thousand Naira to the CHDC account (1100256678), U & C Microfinance Bank Ltd, University of Port Harcourt.
The deadline for the submission of completed application forms is June 30th, 2023. For further inquiries, applicants can contact 07038904233, 08061348015 or send an email to email@example.com.
Dr. Gloria O. Chindah, Registrar of the CHDC, is available to answer any questions.