NPC Recruitment Update
The National Population Commission has officially opened an electronic recruitment platform that will be used to recruit special staff for the 2023 National Population and Housing Census. Nasir Isa-Kwarra, head of the National Population Commission, made this clear at the launch of the portal in Abuja. He stressed the importance of doing your best work on the census.
Census administrator Inuwa Jalingo said the commission expects to receive more than 25 million applications for vacancies and the process must be competitive, fair, and transparent. I explained that I had to “Implementing an electronic recruitment approach will ensure a wide range of applications from across the country, minimize bias, give all qualified Nigerians an equal chance to apply and be hired, and ensure that no one is left behind. The aim is to prevent it,” he explained. The National Population Commission is inviting applications from qualified candidates to serve as ad hoc staff in the following categories in the 2023 Population and Housing Census:
- Field Coordinators
- Training Centre Administrators
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officers
- Data Quality Managers
- Data Quality Assistants
- Special Workforce
NPC Recruitment Requirements
General Application Requirements are:
- National Identification Number
- Valid and Functional Gmail Account
- Valid and Functional Phone Number
- Valid and Functional /Operational Commercial Bank Account (No student/NYSC Account)
- Valid Educational Qualifications.
- Access to and knowledge on the use of computers, tablets & smartphones is an added advantage.
- The minimum academic qualification to apply is SSCE.
- The NPC recruitment application period runs from 31 October 2022 until 28 December 2022.
- Screening of applicants in all LGAs starts on 20th November 2022.
- All qualified Nigerians are eligible to apply.
- The minimum age to apply is 18 years.
- The maximum age to apply is 60 years.
How to Apply for National Population Commission (NPC) Recruitment
- Go to the National Population Commission (NPC) 2023 Recruitment portal at https://2023censusadhocrecruitment.nationalpopulation.gov.ng/.
NPC Recruitment Screening Procedure
- The Recruitment Review Team would examine, and screen applicants based on their NIN, documents (School Certificates), and photo passport.
- First-level screening would be conducted on the portal by filtering the applicants based on the stated requirements.
- Physical screening would be conducted at the LGA’s designated centers.
- The LRRT is composed of:
- LGA Comptroller Chairman
- One NPC Desk Officer Secretary
- Designated LGA Staff
Prospective Ad-hoc staff can only apply on the census portal in areas where they are residents and will be deployed accordingly.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
- There will be temporary system closure of the e-recruitment portal for internal review of the recruitment process from 7th November to 13th November 2022.
- The application is FREE. Beware of Internet Fraudsters!!