The Jamb Direct Entry Form 2023 was suspended due to the Gubernatorial Election has begun and intending applicants can now visit approved JAMB centers to commence their registration. Click here to see the list of Jamb Accreditated Centers.
When will the Jamb Jamb Direct Entry Form 2023 end?
The registration for Direct Entry will conclude on Thursday, 28 April 2023.
Jamb Direct Entry Registration Resumption
The Joint Admissions Board (JAMB) has announced the resumption of the direct entry registration process in 2023 across Nigeria. JAMB Director Professor Is-haq Oloyede made the announcement at a press conference in Abuja on Monday. He explained that the Direct will complete his entry registration on April 28, 2023.
Professor Oloyede also pointed out that only 13 qualifications/certificates will be accepted for the registration process. These include:
- First degree
- University diploma
- Higher National Diploma
- Ordinary National Diploma / National Diploma
- Nigeria Certificate in Education
- Interim Joint Matriculation Board A’ Level
- Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board A’ Level
- NABTEB Advanced National Business Certificate
- NABTEB Advanced National Technical Certificate
- NABTEB GCE-A’ Level (2015 – 2021)
- Higher Islamic Studies Certificate by NBAIS
- International Baccalaureate
- National Registered Nurse / National Registered Midwife
Professor Oloyede also emphasized that the 127 candidates who had already registered for the 2023 Direct Entry before the suspension would have to return to their registration centers to update their applications.
JAMB has currently implemented a data bank, now renamed as ‘Nigeria Post-secondary Education Data System.’ this implementation is to address the challenges associated with’ Level qualifications.
If you have the following qualifications, then you can apply.
- A minimum of O’level credit pass in five (5) SSSC subjects at not more than two sittings with at least two prescribed subjects for each program (course of study) at the Principal or Advanced level.
- Two passes [in prescribed subjects for each (program) course of study] at the A’Level Examination awarded by IJMB, Cambridge, JUPEB or Institute of Baccalaureate with three other credit passes in the SSCE.
- Credit passes in two major subjects in the NCE with three other credit passes in SSSC, NTC/NBC (mainly for Education /Technical programs)
- Minimum of credit grade in University/National Diploma or National Innovation Diploma with the appropriate O’level requirements. All submitted Advanced Level Qualifications are to be verified by a special committee, and any fake result shall attract prosecution.
How to Apply for 2023 JAMB Direct Entry
- Registration Fee is Three Thousand Five Hundred (N3,500) Naira Additional Five Hundred (N500) Naira Only is paid to obtain the reading text “The Life Changer” by Khadija Abubakar and $20 for Candidates from the nine foreign centers
- Candidates should note that ePINS purchased are tied to individual proﬁle and are not transferable
- Candidates are advised to keep as private and conﬁdential their security details such as registration numbers, password/numbers of ATM Cards, email addresses and ePINs
RECOMMENDED: How to Purchase JAMB ePIN 2023
- Every candidate would require the use of a unique phone (mobile) number (SIM) for the process of registration. The unique phone number can be used by one candidate only (Note: This number (SIM) remains your unique identification for all your transactions with the board.
- The candidate will send his/her National Identification Number (NIN) by text (SMS) to 55019 or 66019 from his/her personal GSM number e.g write the word “NIN” then space and add you’re 11 digit NIN Number and send to 55019 or 66019 in this format (NIN 00123456789). There should be a space between the word “NIN” and your 11-digit NIN (Note that the number must not have been used by another person to register for UTME/DE in the past)
- A Profile Code of 10 characters is received by the candidate on the same telephone(SIM) number
- The phone number used for the text message is automatically tied to the candidate’s 2023 application, Examination, and Admission. CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE AND ALWAYS REMEMBER THE SIM NUMBER USED, IT IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE FOR SUBSEQUENT COMMUNICATION WITH THE BOARD BY OBTAINING UTME/DE APPLICATION DOCUMENTS, A CANDIDATE HAS ACCEPTED TO RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES FROM JAMB (55019 or 66019) EVEN WHEN THE “DO NOT DISTURB” IS ACTIVATED
- The candidate presents the profile code to the point of procurement of form (Banks, MMOs, MFBs, Switches, USSD Partners). The form- ePIN is then sent as a text message to the candidate’s Phone number
- The candidate presents the ePIN at any JAMB-accredited CBT Centre for registration
- The application cannot be completed until the candidate’s biometrics (all ten fingers) are captured and the photograph taken physically (No submission of passport photograph). The successful capture of biometrics and photograph will authorize a candidate to print his/her e-registration slip. The fingerprint shall be required for any further transaction with JAMB on the candidates’ profiles.
- Only candidates whose biometrics verification is successful on examination day will be permitted to sit the UTME. No parent or any proxy is allowed to make any transaction on the candidates’ profile.
- Candidates with biometric challenges can only register at JAMB headquarters Abuja
REGISTRATION PROCESS AT CBT CENTRES:
The candidate presents the ePIN at any JAMB-accredited CBT Centre for completion of registration. The name of the candidate as typed by the candidate on his/her phone when registering the proﬁle comes up automatically on the input of the e-PIN by the CBT center.