JAMB Change of Institution and Course
– The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has officially announced the commencement of the Change of Course and Institution process for the 2023 admissions exercise. This development comes as good news for candidates who wish to modify their chosen course of study or the institution they applied to during the UTME registration.
The Change of Course and Institution process provides candidates with the opportunity to reassess their options and make adjustments based on various factors such as their JAMB score, eligibility criteria, personal preferences, and career aspirations. It allows for greater flexibility in the admission process and ensures that candidates are able to make informed decisions regarding their educational journey.
- How to Print Original Jamb Result
- Jamb Result Checker Portal 2023
- How to Retrieve Your Jamb Profile Code (A Step by Step Guide)
- How to Retrieve Your JAMB Registration Number
- How to Link Email to Jamb (Update Email on Jamb Portal)
- How To Calculate Cut off Mark for JAMB and Departments
- Check All School Cutt off mark
- Post UTME News and Past Questions
Here’s a breakdown of what you need to know about the Change of Course and Institution process for 2023:
JAMB Change of Course and Institution Eligibility Criteria
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has provided guidelines for the Change of Course and Institution process for candidates who wish to modify their selected course of study or the institution they applied to during the UTME registration. To ensure a smooth transition and facilitate the change process, JAMB has outlined specific eligibility criteria that candidates must meet. Here are the key requirements for eligibility:
- Participation in UTME and JAMB Registration Number: Candidates who are eligible for the Change of Course and Institution process must have actively participated in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted by JAMB. This means they have registered for the UTME and have been assigned a unique JAMB registration number.
- UTME Results: Candidates must have received their UTME results. It is essential to have the UTME score available as it plays a significant role in determining eligibility for specific courses and institutions. The UTME result serves as an important criterion for admission consideration.
- Meeting the Cut-off Mark: Eligible candidates must meet the cut-off mark set by their preferred institution or course. Each institution and course usually has its own minimum score requirement, known as the cut-off mark. Candidates must attain or surpass this score to be considered for admission into that particular institution or course.
It is crucial for candidates to note that meeting these eligibility criteria is essential for a successful Change of Course and Institution application. Failure to meet any of the outlined requirements may hinder the ability to make changes to the selected course or institution.
How to Do JAMB Change of Course and Institution
To make changes to your course, institution, name, gender, or state/LGA in the JAMB database, you can utilize the JAMB data correction application form. The following steps provided on this link (How to Do Jamb Data Correction
) will guide you in obtaining the form for modifying your course and institution.
QUICK LINK: How to Do Jamb Data Correction
JAMB Change of Course and Institution Payment
A processing fee is usually required for the Change of Course and Institution process. Candidates are advised to make the necessary payment of N2,500 through the approved channels as indicated on the JAMB portal. It is important to note that the payment is non-refundable.
Considerations: Before making any changes, candidates are encouraged to carefully consider their options and seek guidance from relevant sources such as educational counselors, mentors, or professionals in their desired fields. It is important to assess the implications of the change on their career goals, available resources, and future prospects.
JAMB Change of Course and Institution Closing Date
Candidates should be mindful of the deadline for the Change of Course and Institution process. Late submissions may not be considered, and candidates may lose the opportunity to modify their choices for the 2023 admissions exercise. But currently, the deadline has not been set, so we advise that you stay updated on this page for a any new date.
JAMB Change of Course and Institution Verification
After submitting the change request, candidates are advised to regularly check their JAMB profiles and email for updates and notifications regarding the verification of their changes. It is crucial to ensure that the changes reflect accurately on their JAMB profiles.
The Change of Course and Institution process offers candidates the chance to make adjustments that align with their academic and career aspirations. It is an opportunity to explore new possibilities and optimize their chances of gaining admission to institutions and courses that best suit their interests and abilities.
However, candidates are advised to exercise caution and make informed decisions during the change process. It is important to research and gathers relevant information about the new course or institution before making a final choice.