WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world, with over 2.44 billion active users. However, with this popularity comes a risk of account hacking. But don’t worry because you will get the step-by-step procedures on How to Retrieve WhatsApp Hacked Account on Android.
If your WhatsApp account has been hacked, it can be a frustrating and concerning experience, as it means someone has unauthorized access to your personal messages, media, and other sensitive information.
Quick Link: 5 Roles of Technology in Modern Education
Fortunately, there are ways to retrieve a hacked WhatsApp account on an Android device, and in this post, we will discuss some effective methods you can use. Whether your account has been hacked due to a phishing scam, malware attack, or other reasons, these methods will help you regain control of your account and keep your data safe
How to Retrieve WhatsApp Hacked Account
Below are the steps you should take to recover your hacked WhatsApp Account
Step 1. Uninstall WhatsApp:
When your WhatsApp account gets hacked, the first step you need to take to regain control is to uninstall the hacked WhatsApp application from your Android device. This is an important step because the hacker may have installed a modified version of the app on your device, which could give them ongoing access to your WhatsApp account even after you’ve reset your password.
To uninstall WhatsApp from your Android device, you can follow these simple steps:
- Go to your device’s Settings menu.
- Tap on Apps or Application Manager (depending on your device).
- Find WhatsApp in the list of installed apps.
- Tap on WhatsApp and then tap on Uninstall.
- Confirm that you want to uninstall WhatsApp by tapping OK.
Once you have uninstalled the hacked version of WhatsApp, you can move on to the next step in the process of regaining control of your account.
Step 2: Install WhatsApp
After uninstalling the hacked version of WhatsApp from your device, the next step is to reinstall it from the official Google Play Store. This ensures that you have the latest and most secure version of WhatsApp installed on your device.
To install WhatsApp on your Android device, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your device.
- Type “WhatsApp” in the search bar.
- Tap on the “Install” button next to the WhatsApp icon.
- Wait for the app to download and install on your device.
- Once the installation is complete, tap on the “Open” button to launch WhatsApp.
Quick Link: Apply for latest Scholarships here
Step 3: Verify Phone Number
After reinstalling WhatsApp on your device, the next step to retrieve your hacked account is to verify your phone number. To do this, open the WhatsApp application and enter the phone number associated with your hacked account.
WhatsApp will then send a verification code to the phone number provided. If you do not receive the verification code, you can request for it to be sent again or opt for a phone call verification instead.
Once you receive the code, enter it into the WhatsApp application to verify your phone number. This will allow you to access your WhatsApp account on your device.
Step 4: Restore Chats
Selecting the “Restore” option that appears after verifying your phone number. This will allow you to recover your chat history from the most recent backup stored on your Google Drive account.
To restore your chats, follow these steps:
- After verifying your phone number, WhatsApp will prompt you to restore your chat history. Tap “Restore” to begin the process.
- Wait for the restoration process to complete. The time it takes to complete will depend on the size of your chat history and the speed of your internet connection.
- Once the restoration process is complete, you will be able to see all of your chats and media files that were backed up.
It’s important to note that if you did not enable the auto-backup feature or if your last backup is outdated, you will not be able to recover your entire chat history. In this case, you may only be able to recover chats that were not deleted before the backup was created.
Step 5: Two-Step Verification
Enabling the two-step verification feature on WhatsApp is an essential step in protecting your account from hacking attempts. It provides an extra layer of security to your account by requiring a unique passcode that only you know.
To enable two-step verification on WhatsApp, follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp and go to “Settings”.
- Tap on “Account” and then “Two-step verification”.
- Tap “Enable” and enter a six-digit passcode.
- Confirm the passcode by entering it again.
- Optionally, add an email address that can be used to reset your passcode if you forget it.
Once enabled, you will be prompted to enter your passcode periodically to verify your identity. This will prevent anyone else from accessing your account even if they have your phone number.
Retrieving a hacked WhatsApp account on Android can be a stressful experience, but by following the steps outlined above, you can easily regain access to your account and restore your chats. It is important to take proactive measures such as enabling two-step verification to prevent future hacking attempts. Additionally, it is crucial to be cautious of suspicious links and messages to avoid falling victim to hackers. With these measures in place, you can enjoy a secure and uninterrupted WhatsApp experience.
Ok! Now to frequently Asked Questions;
Can a hacked WhatsApp account be recovered
Yes, a hacked WhatsApp account can be recovered. If your WhatsApp account has been hacked, you should immediately take the steps provided on this page to regain control of your account. The first step is to uninstall the hacked WhatsApp application from your device, and then reinstall it from Google Play Store. Next, verify the phone number associated with your hacked account, and restore your chats if you had enabled the auto-backup feature.
How can I get my WhatsApp Account Back?
Just follow the steps given on this page and you can get back your WhatsApp Account