The University of Lagos, also known as UNILAG, is one of the top universities in Nigeria, with a reputation for academic excellence and a rich history of producing successful graduates. If you are interested in gaining admission into UNILAG, one of the key requirements is meeting the cut-off mark for your desired course of study. In this article, we will discuss How To Calculate Cut Off Mark For Unilag.
First of all, it is important to note that the cut-off mark for each course varies from year to year and is set by the university’s admission board. Therefore, it is essential to stay updated with the latest information regarding cut-off marks for your desired course.
- How to Print Original Jamb Result
- Jamb Result Checker Portal 2023
- How to Retrieve Your Jamb Profile Code (A Step by Step Guide)
- How to Retrieve Your JAMB Registration Number
- How to Link Email to Jamb (Update Email on Jamb Portal)
- How To Calculate Cut off Mark for JAMB and Departments
- Check All School Cutt off mark
- Post UTME News and Past Questions
How To Calculate Cut Off Mark For Unilag
The University of Lagos (UNILAG) calculates its departmental cut-off marks using the second method, which involves considering the scores from UTME, Post-UTME, and O’level results. Here is how to calculate the departmental cut-off mark for UNILAG:
To calculate the cut-off mark for UNILAG, there are two methods:
Method 1: JAMB and Post UTME Scores
The first method involves using your JAMB and Post UTME scores. To calculate your aggregate score, you need to:
- Divide your JAMB score by 8.
- Divide your Post UTME score by 2.
- Add the results of step 1 and step 2 together.
For example, if your JAMB score is 280 and your Post UTME score is 60, your cut-off mark would be:
280/8 = 35 + 60/2 = 30
Therefore, your aggregate score is 35 + 30 = 65.
Method 2: O’Level Grades, JAMB, and Post UTME Scores
The second method involves using your O’Level grades, JAMB, and Post UTME scores. To calculate your aggregate score, you need to:
- Assign points to your O’Level grades according to the following scale:
A1 = 10 points B2 = 9 points B3 = 8 points C4 = 7 points C5 = 6 points C6 = 5 points
- Calculate the total points for your five relevant O’Level subjects.
- Divide the total points by 30.
- Multiply your JAMB score by 0.6.
- Multiply your Post UTME score by 0.4.
- Add the results of steps 3, 4, and 5 together.
For example, if your relevant O’Level subjects are Mathematics, English, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics, and your grades are A1, B2, B3, C4, and C5, JAMB Score is 280 and POST UME Score is 60,
your total O’LEVEL Points would be: 10 + 9 + 5 + 7 + 6 = 37
Dividing 37 by 30 gives 1.23.
Multiply 280 x 0.6 = 168, multiply 60 x 0.4 = 24
Add the three results together 1.23 + 168 +24 = 193.23