Aspiring students of Lagos State University (LASU) often wonder how to calculate their cut-off marks. Cut-off marks are the minimum scores required for admission into any tertiary institution in Nigeria. LASU, being a reputable institution, is known for its competitive admission process. Thus, it is crucial to understand how to calculate the LASU cut-off mark to improve one’s chances of gaining admission. This page will guide on How To Calculate Cut Off Mark For Lasu.
The Lagos State University (LASU) calculates its departmental cut-off mark for admission using a weighted average system which takes into account the scores obtained in JAMB, post UTME, and O’level results.
- How to Print Original Jamb Result
- Jamb Result Checker Portal 2023
- How to Retrieve Your Jamb Profile Code (A Step by Step Guide)
- How to Retrieve Your JAMB Registration Number
- How to Link Email to Jamb (Update Email on Jamb Portal)
- How To Calculate Cut off Mark for JAMB and Departments
- Check All School Cutt off mark
- Post UTME News and Past Questions
How To Calculate Cut Off Mark For Lasu
The breakdown of the weights are as follows:
JAMB Score: 50% Post UTME Score: 30% O’level Results: 20%
Using the LASU admission criteria, the following steps can be taken to calculate the departmental cut-off mark for LASU:
- Divide your JAMB score by 8 and multiply by 50 to get the weighted JAMB score.
- Divide your post UTME score by 2 and multiply by 30 to get the weighted post UTME score.
- Add up the weighted JAMB and post UTME scores to get the aggregate score.
- Convert your O’level grades to points using the LASU grading system, where A1 is 10 points, B2 is 9 points, B3 is 8 points, C4 is 7 points, C5 is 6 points, and C6 is 5 points.
- Calculate the weighted O’level score by adding up the points obtained in the five relevant subjects and divide by 30, then multiply by 20.
- Add the weighted O’level score to the aggregate score obtained in step 3 to get the final departmental cut-off mark.
For example, if a candidate scored 260 in JAMB, 64 in post UTME, and has an O’level result with 2A’s, 2B’s and 1C, the calculation will be as follows:
- Weighted JAMB score = (260/8) x 50 = 162.5
- Weighted post UTME score = (64/2) x 30 = 960
- Aggregate score = 162.5 + 48 = 210.5
- Weighted O’level score = [(2×10) + (2×9) + (1×6)] / 30 x 20 = 12
- Departmental cut-off mark = 210.5 + 12 = 222.5
Therefore, the departmental cut-off mark for this candidate is 222.5. Note that the cut-off marks may vary across different courses and departments at LASU, and this is just an example.
In conclusion, calculating the LASU cut-off mark is essential for aspiring students who wish to gain admission into the institution. With a proper understanding of the admission process and cut-off mark calculation, candidates can improve their chances of gaining admission. As such, candidates are advised to research the cut-off mark for each department and prepare adequately for the UTME and Post-UTME examinations to increase their chances of admission.
- Related Posts