Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH) is one of the prestigious polytechnics in Nigeria that offers various courses at both the National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) levels. One of the criteria for gaining admission into the polytechnic is meeting the required cut-off mark for your course of study. In this article, we will guide you on How To Calculate Cut Off Mark For Laspotech.
LASPOTECH uses a point grading system to calculate the cut-off mark for admission. The grading system is based on the candidate’s JAMB score, post-UTME score, and O’level result. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to calculate the cut-off mark.
- How to Print Original Jamb Result
- Jamb Result Checker Portal 2023
- How to Retrieve Your Jamb Profile Code (A Step by Step Guide)
- How to Retrieve Your JAMB Registration Number
- How to Link Email to Jamb (Update Email on Jamb Portal)
- How To Calculate Cut off Mark for JAMB and Departments
- Check All School Cutt off mark
- Post UTME News and Past Questions
How To Calculate Cut Off Mark For Laspotech
Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH) calculates its departmental cut-off mark using the following formula:
- Divide your JAMB score by 8: For example, if your JAMB score is 240, divide it by 8 to get 30.
- Multiply your post-UTME score by 0.3: If you score 50 in the post-UTME, multiply it by 0.3 to get 15.
- Calculate your O’level result: Candidates are required to have at least five credits in their O’level result. Grades obtained in O’level examinations are converted into points as follows:
A1 = 10 points B2 = 9 points B3 = 8 points C4 = 7 points C5 = 6 points C6 = 5 points
Add up the points for the five required subjects and divide the total by five to get the average. For instance, if you have five credits including Mathematics, English, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics with grades A1, B3, C4, B2, and C5 respectively, you will calculate the O’level score as follows:
(10 + 8 + 7 + 9 + 6) ÷ 5 = 8
- Add the scores obtained from steps 1, 2, and 3:
30 + 15 + 8 = 53
The final score of 53 will then be compared to the cut-off mark for your chosen course of study. LASPOTECH usually sets different cut-off marks for different courses, depending on the competitiveness of the course.
In conclusion, calculating the cut-off mark for LASPOTECH is a simple process that requires you to know your JAMB score, post-UTME score, and O’level result. Make sure to aim for high scores in all these areas to increase your chances of meeting the cut-off mark for your desired course of study.
- Related Posts